Rivergate Centre (we) are committed to protecting the Personal Data you provide to us on or through our digital channels. This policy (together with our terms and conditions any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is
We believe it is important for you to know what information we collect and how we treat the Personal Data you share with us. The following policy will explain how your Personal Data will be treated as you use our digital channels and their features.
As you use our services, we collect certain Personal Data about you and the services you use. The Personal Data we collect falls into two different categories: (1) Personal Data you give us; (2) Personal Data we collect from you automatically when you use our services.
1) Information you give us “Personal Data” includes your name, physical address, e-mail address(es), telephone numbers and other similar information that you provide to us by filling in forms on digital channels: our site http://www.RivergateCentre.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for your Personal Data when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site. In addition, we may collect and process information provided by you on publicly accessible areas of third party sites. We do not sell your Personal Data.
2) Information we collect from you when you use our services
When you use our services, we may collect information about the services you use and how you use them. This information includes:
We may use the data collected above to promote to you selected events and offers that we believe you may be interested in. We may contact you about these offers via Mail, Telephone, E-Mail, or SMS where you have consented to receive such marketing. In the case of actions listed above, you will be able to ‘unsubscribe’ to these at any time. It is completely optional for you to register, participate or otherwise provide us with Personal Data in the above situations.
Rivergate Centre may, from time to time use the Personal Data you have provided to send out surveys or support Marketing Research activities to you in other ways to help us improve our services and understand our customers better where you have consented to receiving such communication.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA:
[All Personal Data you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our digital channels, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our digital channels; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised loss or access.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED:
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our digital channels is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/smart phone and/or tablet.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you have opted-in, we may use your Personal Data to respond to specific requests and to send notices of new products, special offers and other marketing materials to enhance and support your relationship with Rivergate Centre. These communications may take the form of postal mail, telephone calls, e-mail and other methods of contact depending on what channels you have requested that we use.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by Contacting Us (LINK)
ACCESS TO INFORMATION:
The Act gives you the right to access Personal Data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.
Please put any requests in writing to:
The Management Suite
Rivergate Shopping Centre
5 Fullarton Square
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES:
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and is not intended identify any individual although we appreciate that in some limited circumstances this may be able to identify you.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer/smart phone/tablet. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer/smart phone/tablet’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
UNSUBSCRIBING AND DATA REMOVAL:
If your Personal Data changes (such as post code, phone, e-mail or postal address), or if you no longer desire to be contacted about our products and services, you can correct, update or delete/deactivate your Personal Data at any time. We take your online privacy very seriously, so if you need any assistance in unsubscribing to future communications please contact us. We will promptly take action to ensure that you are “opted-out” from
receiving any further mailing or other information. Although we will remove your name from our e-mail list as quickly as possible, please recognise that there may be a period of time after you unsubscribe during which you may still receive e-mails from us. Additionally, in order to ensure you do not continue to receive correspondence from us, we retain your Personal Data on a suspension list.
MODIFICATION OF THIS POLICY: